CENT 300 - Systems Analysis And Design (3)
- Prerequisite: CENT 280
- Prerequisite or Co-requisite: CENT 275
This course will provide the student with a practical approach to systems analysis and design using a blend of traditional developments and current technologies. The student will learn how to apply the five phases of the systems development life cycle.
2 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 300, the student will be able to:
- Describe different approaches to systems analysis and design.
- Describe the five phases of the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Describe in detail the systems planning, systems analysis, systems design, systems implementation, and systems operation and support phases of the SDLC.
- Implement the five phases of the SDLC in solving a real world information technology problem.
- Use a system analysis toolkit to can help in developing the five stages of the SDLC.
- Describe how IT supports a business environment.
- Describe the role of a systems analyst and how they interact with users, managers and other IT staff.
- Describe ethical issues related to system analysis and design.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center