CENT 285 - Introduction To Internet Applications/Web Applications
- Prerequisite: ICS 111 and CENT 280
This course will introduce the student to the fi elds of Internet applications and Web applications. Students will learn concepts, technologies, and principles that support these applications including the development of an application architecture, an interface design, implementation of business rules and storage of data necessary for modern interactive applications. Students will also become familiar with special considerations to be accounted for when developing these types of applications including performance, security and other related issues.
4 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 285, the student will be able to:
- Identify and explain the differences between Internet application technologies.
- Develop web pages based upon the principles of good web design.
- Develop dynamic web pages that are based upon data stored in databases.
- Understand and implement solutions for basic security considerations.
- Plan an n-tiered Internet/Web application.
- Develop simple n-tiered Internet and Web-based applications.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students