CENT 270 - Network Operating Systems I (4)
- Prerequisite: CENT 140
This course covers the installation, confi guration and administration of a network server and the deployment and administration of workstation machines. This course also introduces the student to the management of a Computer Network.
3 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 270, the student will be able to:
- Install a Windows Server operating system.
- Determine a plan to mass deploy client workstations.
- Administer and monitor a server.
- Backup and maintain a server.
- Configure a disaster recovery plan.
- Create and configure local and network users and groups.
- Install and configure a directory services infrastructure.
- Configure a file and print server.
- Configure device drivers and disk storage on the server.
- Manage device drivers and disk storage on the server.
- Install and configure DHCP on the server.
- Install and configure name resolution on the server.
- Implement remote access service.
- Recognize problems related to the boot process.
- Identify troubleshooting resources.
- Harden the server.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center