CENT 253 - System Administration With Unix/Linux I
- Prerequisite: CENT 130
This course introduces essentials of maintaining a computer that uses the UNIX or Linux operating systems. Students install the system, maintain user accounts, manage file systems and processes, install and configure software and hardware, and perform routine system maintenance and backup functions. Students learn accepted practices and responsibilities of system administrators.
3 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 253, the student will be able to:
- Start up a UNIX computer system.
- Shut down a UNIX computer system.
- Install the operating system.
- Install software packages and patches.
- Manage user accounts.
- Configure hardware devices connected to a UNIX system.
- Manage hardware devices connected to a UNIX system.
- Identify basic security practices for a UNIX system.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center