Course Descriptions & Student Learning Outcomes
- user warning: Table 'drupal_hccmain.cas_user' doesn't exist query: SELECT aid, cas_name FROM cas_user WHERE uid = 0 in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/sites/all/modules/cas/cas.module on line 496.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_logout_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
CENT 240 - Computer Networking II (4)
- Prerequisite: CENT 140
This is an intermediate course in computer networking. Hierarchical and scalable network design concepts are introduced. Topics include LAN redundancy, link aggregation, wireless LANs, OSPF, EIGRP, WAN technologies, point to point connections, Frame Relay, NAT, options for broadband WAN connections, remote access connections and security using VPNs and IPSec, and network monitoring and troubleshooting. This course helps to prepare the student for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching exam.
3 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 240, the student will be able to:
- Use variable length subnet masking and classless interdomain routing for network design.
- Describe the enterprise network hierarchy and segmentation of LAN's.
- Describe WAN connectivity options.
- Perform the following router and switch configuration tasks:
- RIP version 2
- OSPF for a single area
- point-to-point protocol
- frame relay networks
- Describe broadcast storms.
- Describe the use of spanning tree protocol to eliminate broadcast storms.
- Configure the use of:
- Dynamic host control protocol
- Network and port address translation
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center