CENT 232 - Pc Desktop And Printer Support
- Prerequisite: CENT 140
This course will provide a basic understanding of computer printers and multifunction device technologies, installation and troubleshooting. Students will learn and use technical and customer service skills to perform hardware and software installation, hardware and software confi guration, troubleshoot interoperability problems, support and educate end users on the client desktop environment. The Windows platform is emphasized.
3 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 232, the student will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental principles of computer ports.
- Operate and use basic electronic test equipment.
- Test the functionality of the following ports:
- Describe the functionality of various computer printers.
- Troubleshoot various printer faults.
- Explain the principles of scanner and multimedia technology.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center