CENT 132 - ICT Support
- Prerequisite: ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100; "C" or higher in MATH 25, OR Placement in MATH 103 or MATH 135 or higher; AND ICS 100 or ICS 101
This course will provide the student with an introduction to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) support. The student will learn how to install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software. Additional topics in wired and wireless networking, security and troubleshooting are also covered in this course. This course is based upon ICT industry certification standards.
3 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 132, the student will be able to:
- Assemble components based on customer requirements.
- Install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users.
- Understand the basics of networking ans security/forensics.
- Properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues while applying troubleshooting skills.
- Understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center