CENT 131 - Microcomputer Hardware
- Prerequisite: ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100; "C" or higher in MATH 25, OR Placement in MATH 103 or MATH 135 or higher; and ICS 100 or ICS 101
This is an introductory course in computer hardware. The student will learn how to install, upgrade and repair desktop computers. This course, along with CENT 130 and CENT 232, will help prepare the student to take the A+ Certifi cation Exam.
3 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 131, the student will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental principals of computer functioning.
- Operate and use basic electronic test equipment.
- Assemble desktop computers.
- Upgrade desktop computers.
- Troubleshoot various computer faults.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students