CENT 130 - Microcomputer Operating Systems
- Prerequisite: ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100; "C" or higher in MATH 25, OR Placement in MATH 103 or MATH 135 or higher; and ICS 100 or ICS 101
This course introduces features of microcomputer operating systems, providing students with a solid background in installation, confi guration, and management of operating systems.
3 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 130, the student will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and function of an operating system.
- Install and configure an operating system.
- Install and configure the networking components of an operating system.
- Secure an operating system.
- Configure users and user profiles.
- Configure sharing and permissions.
- Install and configure printer services.
- Backup an operating system.
- Restore an operating system.
- Describe the boot process.
- Troubleshoot the boot process.
- Manage data storage.
- Administer and monitor the computer locally.
- Administer and monitor the computer remotely.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students