CENT 112 - Fundamentals Of Electronics
This course covers the basics of electricity and electronics. Topics include electrical principles, Ohm's Law, Kirchhoff's Laws, DC circuit analysis fundamentals, power semiconductors diodes, and transistors. Students will build and test their own electronic circuits.
3 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CENT 112, the student will be able to:
- Explain the basic principals of electricity.
- Operate and use basic electronic components.
- Perform circuit analysis computations for the following circuits:
- Take measurements with a multimeter and oscilloscope.
- Describe the operation and use of semiconductor devices.
- Explain the operation of a variable power supply and an AM/FM radio.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students