CARP 43 - Sustainable Construction Practices
- Corequisite: CARP 41
The green environment has become an important consideration in the construction industry. Construction craft workers must understand how their daily activities at work and at home affect the green environment. This course explains how the things they do each day can make a difference. They will learn how buildings they construct affect the green environment and how to apply the principles of a green building rating system.
1 hr. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CARP 43, the student will be able to:
- Describe the major challenges to the green environment that are caused directly or indirectly by the built environment.
- Identify specific practices you can implement at work to improve your impacts on the green environment.
- Identify construction activities that contribute to a project's (Leaders in Energy Efficent Design) LEED rating.
- Identify common pitfalls that may affect a project's LEED rating.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students