CA 155 - Portfolio Presentation And Review
- Prerequisite: CA 145
CA majors only. Preparation, presentation, and review of a professional visual portfolio as required for employment in Communications Art and related fields. Emphasis on developing a cohesive presentation format of projects reflecting various skills.
4 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CA 155, the student will be able to:
- Describe the process and skills needed to prepare a Communication Arts portfolio.
- Communicate personal abilities and skills in interviews and resumes.
- Define realistic personal employment goals.
- Prepare professional artwork that demonstrates the following types of skills:
- Apply objective analytical skills in selecting the best art samples for inclusion in the portfolio.
- Prepare Communication Arts samples in a professional presentation format appropriate for an entry-level applicant.
- Display the following skills necessary to apply for a Communications Arts position:
- Present Communication Arts samples in an exhibition on campus.
- Present a high quality final portfolio in a formal presentation to the course instructor, members of the Communications Arts Advisory Board, and other professionals in the community.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center