CA 142 - Page and Web Layout
- Prerequisite: CA 131 and CA 132
CA majors only. A composing course for preparing and managing digital media assets and layouts for web delivery and print production. Emphasis is on multiple deliveries and encompasses understanding of internet technologies and services.
4 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CA 142, the student will be able to:
- Produce a complex multicolor mechanicals that include scans, text and spot and full color artwork.
- Produce, modify, and output files for multiple deliveries.
- Demonstrate understanding of web and design issues.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Postscript page description language as applicable to print.
- Demonstrate understanding of internet technologies, services and web design.
- Produce page layout files containing graphic images for remote output.
- Demonstrate understanding of storage.. transfer; and conversion of content and media assets for print and web.
- Demonstrate understanding of files and formats and the appropriate conversion and use.
- Demonstrate understanding of maintenance and management of a print production workflow.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center