CA 131 - Art and Media Preparation II
- Prerequisite: CA 121
Art and Media Preparation II focuses on the preparation and the creation of media assets of art work for printing and web delivery. Emphasis is on digital photographs and basic video editing to prepare video clips for use as assets in other media. Topics to also include color and color correction, calibration and compression issues.
4 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CA 131, the student will be able to:
- Understand color and color issues (for print and multimedia).
- Understand and utilize various methods of image acquisition.
- Demonstrate a functional knowledge of image manipulation.
- Demonstrate a functional knowledge of spot, full color; duotone, tritone and quadtone for print.
- Demonstrate a functional knowledge of color correction and color separation.
- Understand calibration.
- Demonstrate a functional knowledge of compression techniques.
- Demonstrate a functional knowledge of basic video editing.
- Understand still and motion capture.
- Demonstrate a functional knowledge of exporting.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center