CA 125 - Beginning Graphic Design
CA majors only. An introductory course in graphic design solutions, to include the application of art and communication skills to problem solve for visual solutions for business and industry needs. Emphasis is on design fundamentals; communicative concepts, strategy, and problem solving processes; typography; as well as various delivery formats. Students may enroll 2 times for a maximum of 8 credits.
4 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CA 125, the student will be able to:
- Understand and use the vocabulary and tools for design, printing, and related fields.
- Perform on a beginning level, the various steps of the design process: investigate client needs;do marketing research, define the design problem, problem solve, develop an idea/concept, thumbnails, roughs, comps and presentation art.
- Recognize the principles of design to assigned projects using typography and/or images to communicate.
- Demonstrate the ability to select appropriately from various technical alternatives to start to achieve effective design solutions.
- Demonstrate skill in writing technical specifications, project objectives and reports, and doing oral presentations.
- Understand the three basic types of design: Information Design; Editorial Design; and Promotional Design.
- Understand the design process as related to the various formats to include the web as a medium.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines, organize time and maintain schedules.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center