CA 122 - Copy Preparation
CA majors only. Copy Preparation focuses on preparing text for print production and web delivery using appropriate programs in combination with applicable hardware. Emphasis is on skill development in typesetting to include understanding type fundamentals, fonts, typographic imaging for special eff ects, as well as type for the web.
4 hrs. lect./demo. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CA 122, the student will be able to:
- Identify fundamentals of type and its uses.
- Measure copy/text and demonstrate copyfitting.
- x-height, mean-line, base-line, ascenders, descenders, and caps, lowercase. uppercase, small caps and ligatures.
- dingbats, bullets, rules, and symbols and their uses in publications. display (headline) type and body (text) type differences basic type styles and their uses. "weight" and "posture" of type. serif and sans serif type styles.
- letterspacing and kerning of type characters.
- wordspacing and the relation of em and en in paragraph spacing.
- linespacing and the measurement principles for leading.
- Select an appropriate word processing software and prepare text for exporting.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students