CA 121 - Art and Media Preparation I
CA majors only. Art and Media Preparation I focuses on the preparation and the creation of media assets of art work for printing and web delivery. Emphasis is on Illustrator and PhotoShop for direct and indirect input to include drawing, tracing, manipulating, and motion imaging for importing/exporting.
4 hrs. lect./demo. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CA 121, the student will be able to:
- Identify and use basic hardware components.
- Demonstrate a functional knowledge of basic operations of a graphics generating program (commands/ codes/menus/tools and procedures for their uses).
- Identify basic graphic software uses and limitations.
- Demonstrate appropriate scanner/program operations for line artwork and continuous tone copy.
- Demonstrate the ability to do basic 2-D animation: frame-by-frame and tweened animations and integration of sound.
- Demonstrate the ability to import/export various file formats.
- Understand graphics software in terms of:
- tints, fills and paint
- manipulated type (rotated. circled, extended, etc.)
- tracing; drawing; template
- photographic image editing
- various forms of electronic art
- image acquisition methods
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students