CA 101 - Power Of Advertising
- Prerequisite: ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
A look at the world of mass communications and its interrelationship to our culture. This course studies the impact and relevance of mass media on our society as technology moves us even farther into the information age. Emphasis is on how media aff ects and manipulates popular culture today through the understanding of the relationship between mass communication and culture.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CA 101, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the basic concepts and vocabulary of culture and communication.
- Explain the interaction of culture and mass communication.
- Discuss the influences of international communication and culture.
- Describe the development of print media.
- Describe the development of electronic media.
- Discuss the influences of the media shapers and manipulators.
- Discuss media issues such as controls, concerns, and consequences.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students