CA 100 - Survey Of Graphic Styles
- Prerequisite: ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100
The history, theory and criticism of communication arts since the industrial revolution, including how technology has been integrated into its production. The course will include an overview of production methods used in the communication arts today.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CA 100, the student will be able to:
- Classify the basic concepts and vocabulary of graphic art by period and artist.
- Discuss the impact of major design theory on communication arts since the industrial revolution.
- Discuss the impact of political influences on communication arts since the industrial revolution.
- Discuss the influences of technology on graphic design and society.
- Describe the development of print media.
- Describe the development of electronic media.
- Discuss the influences of the work of contemporary visual designers.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students