Course Descriptions & Student Learning Outcomes
- user warning: Table 'drupal_hccmain.cas_user' doesn't exist query: SELECT aid, cas_name FROM cas_user WHERE uid = 0 in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/sites/all/modules/cas/cas.module on line 496.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_logout_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
AVIT 250 - Human Factors And Crew Management (3)
- Prerequisite or Corequisite: AVIT 102
AVIT majors only. This course introduces the student to the human element of the "human machine interface" in aviation. The course is designed to provide students with a basic understanding of the human factors concepts including psychological and basic physiological limitations of humans operating in complex environments and design elements that allow for optimizing human-machine interactions. The significance of flight crew management, operations and interaction in developing a professional flight management team is emphasized through studies and practical application. Repeatable one time.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AVIT 250, the student will be able to:
- Through participation in a team review of a prominent airline accident, students will learn to identify human-factor causes and defects in aircraft design, pilot decision making, and training.
- This project reviews the conclusions of accident investigators and encourages students to look deeper, examining the data with fresh eyes, the eyes of a professional pilot.
- Participation in this course will provide students with a set of human factor skills that can significantly enhance flight safety, as well as the know-how required to apply those skills during normal and abnormal aircraft operations.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center