AMT 22 - Survey Of Automotive Technology
- Prerequisite: Valid driver's license
- Recommended Prep: Auto Academy Participant Administrative approval required.
This course covers the same content as AMT 20 - Introduction to Automotive Mechanics, but includes an internship and an overview of automotive technology. Topics included are: an overview of the eight areas in automotive technology, policies and procedures in the Automotive Mechanics program, career opportunities, shop safety, identifi cation of automotive components and systems, use of technical reference manuals, proper identification and safe use of basic hand tools and precision measuring instruments, fastener identification and repair, and scheduled maintenance. This course is restricted to high school students in the Hawaii High School Auto Academy partnership.
120 hrs. lec./lab. per term
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AMT 22, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the skills and competencies necessary for a successful career as an automotive technician.
- Demonstrate positive work habits and attitude necessary to work in a highly competitive field.
- Describe the importance of being a life-long learner in order to keep abreast of the technological changes in the automotive industry.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students