Course Descriptions & Student Learning Outcomes
- user warning: Table 'drupal_hccmain.cas_user' doesn't exist query: SELECT aid, cas_name FROM cas_user WHERE uid = 0 in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/sites/all/modules/cas/cas.module on line 496.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_logout_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
AJ 283 - Substance Abuse In Society (3)
- Prerequisite or Corequisite: AJ 101
This course covers the historical development of drug enforcement in relation to changing social mores. Emphasis is placed on the detection and identifi cation of illegal drugs and their suppression through enforcement and investigation. Tactics of enforcement will be presented along with a study of pertinent statutory and case law. The effects of rehabilitation and treatment will be explored. May be taken on a CR/N basis.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AJ 283, the student will be able to:
- Identify the following illegal drugs:
- Describe the manufacture, production, and distribution of these drugs.
- Explain the effects of these drugs on society.
- Discuss law enforcement concerns regarding these categories of substances.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center