Course Descriptions & Student Learning Outcomes
- user warning: Table 'drupal_hccmain.cas_user' doesn't exist query: SELECT aid, cas_name FROM cas_user WHERE uid = 0 in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/sites/all/modules/cas/cas.module on line 496.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_logout_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
AJ 210 - Juvenile Justice (3)
- Prerequisite or Corequisite: AJ 101
This course provides the administration of justice student with a basic and practical understanding of the legal principles involved in juvenile delinquency problems. Analysis of legislative and judicial responses to juvenile behavioral problems provide realistic and meaningful insights into the functioning of the juvenile justice processes.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AJ 210, the student will be able to:
- Interpret local, state, and national juvenile crime data.
- Differentiate key groups that consolidate information about juvenile crime.
- Explain the process for handling juvenile offenders in various correctional settings.
- Apply juvenile case law to community and institutional settings.
- Define the patterns of effective juvenile crime prevention efforts.
- Explain the contributions of information and research to juvenile crime solutions in America.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center