AJ 138 - Criminal Justice System Reports And Communications
- Prerequisite or Corequisite: AJ 101
This course will introduce the student to the methods of producing accurate, concise and detailed reports, the processing and the study of communications common to the administration of justice practitioner. This course will involve critical thinking and evaluative writing.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AJ 138, the student will be able to:
- Gather and record pertinent information through observations and interviews. Understand and apply viable communication techniques.
- Organize information into an understandable and chronological format.
- Understand the importance of ethics in criminal justice report writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to write quality criminal justice reports utilizing the four C's of report writing.
- Understand and apply the four steps of proofreading.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- College Skills Center
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center