Course Descriptions & Student Learning Outcomes
- user warning: Table 'drupal_hccmain.cas_user' doesn't exist query: SELECT aid, cas_name FROM cas_user WHERE uid = 0 in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/sites/all/modules/cas/cas.module on line 496.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
- warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'cas_menu_logout_check' not found or invalid function name in /web/1/www.hawaii.edu/drupalc/includes/menu.inc on line 454.
AERO 134 - Powerplant Maintenance II (7)
- Prerequisite: "C" in AERO 130 and in 131 and in 132
- Corequisite: AERO 135 AERO majors only.
Fundamentals of turbine engine construction and operation, piston and turbine engine fuel metering systems; inspect and service turbine engines, repair engine fuel metering components as specified in Federal Aviation Regulation Part 147.
250 hrs. lect./lab. over 8 weeks
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AERO 134, the student will be able to:
- Overhaul, inspect, check, service, and repair turbine engines
- Install, troubleshoot and remove turbine engines
- Use lubricants and repair lubrication systems
- Inspect, service, troubleshoot and repair turbine ignition systems
- Inspect, service, troubleshoot, and repair turbine starting systems
- Troubleshoot and adjust turbine fuel metering systems
- Overhaul carburetors
- Repair and inspect reciprocating and turbine engine fuel metering systems and components
- Inspect and repair ice and rain control systems
- Inspect and repair heat exchangers, superchargers, and turbine engine airflow and temperature control systems
- Inspect, check, service, and troubleshoot auxiliary power units.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center