AEC 149 - Preparation For Employment In The AEC Field
- Prerequisite or Co-requisite: "C" or higher in AEC 146
A team-taught course in preparation for employment in the architectural, engineering, and construction industry. Half of the course is devoted to the AEC job market, job search strategies, resume writing, interviewing, and succeeding on the job. The other half of the course is devoted to designing and creating a professional portfolio.
2 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AEC 149, the student will be able to:
- Correctly and completely fill out an employment aplication.
- Create a professional resume and well-written cover lettter.
- Inumerate some of the common questions that are asked at job interviews, and give a pre-planned response to each.
- Create a professional impression of oneself at a job interview and effectively respond to common, uncommon, and even illegal interview questions.
- Create, maintain, and present a professional portfolio.
- Model and describe attitudes, work habits, and other factors that relate to success on the job after employment is obtained.
- Select appropriate materials for inclusion in a portfolio.
- Create a layout that accentuates presented work in a portfolio.
- Compose and print images of work for inclusion in a portfolio.
- Explain the proper use of text in relation to images when presenting a portfolio.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students