AEC 141 - Building Services
- Corequisite: AEC 140
- Recommended Prep: AEC 118
AEC major only. Preliminary and detail planning of service and mechanical equipment and facilities in multi-family, commercial, industrial, and municipal buildings. Topics include energy, thermal control, acoustics, large capacity plumbing and electrical systems, fire protection equipment, vertical transportation equipment, security systems, and service accesses.
2 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AEC 141, the student will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental components of a water supply system.
- Identify the fundamental components of a building drainage/waste/vent system.
- Prepare a simple electrical layout and electrical panel schedule.
- Demonstrate the use of the Psychrometric Chart in determining human comfort zones.
- Identify at least two different types of elevator.
- Identify systems and/or components that are used to conserve resources such as electricity and water.
- Illustrate the different components in the refrigeration cycle.
- Prepare a basic illustration of an air conditioning duct system.
- Report to a workplace regularly and punctually, engage effectively and congenially with peers and supervisors, work from written as well as oral instructions, use assigned time efficiently for productive work and meet production deadlines.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication, computation and problem-solving skills appropriate to the level of the coursework.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students