AEC 140 - Commercial Working Drawings
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in AEC 130
- Corequisite: AEC 141
AEC major only. A core course that includes the theory and practice involved in producing and organizing working drawings using computer-aided design techniques for multi-family and commercial projects. Students are exposed to design, layout, and construction methods used in steel, concrete, masonry, and wood systems. Independent research emphasized. All drawing is done using computer-aided (CAD) software.
1 hr. lect.; 6 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AEC 140, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the setup and organization of a commercial or multi-family apartment building drawing project set using CAD software.
- Using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software, draw a set of construction drawings for a commercial or multi-family apartment building to include:
- A title sheet
- A site plan
- A foundation plan
- A floor framing plan
- A roof framing plan
- Exterior elevations
- Interior elevations
- Building sections
- Wall sections
- A window schedule
- A door schedule
- A room finish schedule
- Prepare a brief site data analysis using the current version of the City and County of Honolulu Land Use Ordinance that proves the commercial or apartment project complies with land use regulations.
- Demonstrate the annotation of a complete set of architectural drawings using text, tags, dimensions and callouts.
- Describe some of the building areas that need to be addressed when making a commercial or apartment building accessible for handicapped users.
- Report to a workplace regularly and punctually, engage effectively and congenially with peers and supervisors, work from written as well as oral instructions, use assigned time efficiently for productive work and meet production deadlines.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication, computation and problem-solving skills appropriate to the level of the coursework.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students