AEC 127 - Civil Engineering Drawing
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in AEC 110 and in AEC 114; MATH 53/55/107/140/Placement in MATH 205
- AEC major only.
AEC major only. Introduction to civil engineering drawing with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D. Maps, surveys, scales and conventions, contours and profiles, site plans, site utilities, topographic models, excavation, retaining walls, highway layout, subdivision and block plans.
(2 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AEC 127, the student will be able to:
- Draw, label, and explain property boundary lines of prescribed lengths and directions in either bearing or azimuth formats.
- Given point descriptions, draw and label contour lines that indicate topography in land drawings, and "read" contour lines to explain land forms.
- Manipulate contour lines in topographic drawings to represent excavations for level building areas or level or inclined driveways and roads with specific or maximum embankment angles.
- Use the Autodesk Land Desktop ® computer program (or similar program) to set up projects and drawings, place and label points in drawings, import points from datasets, create and manage point groups, create and label property boundary lines, generate and edit contour lines, and display and manipulate 3D models of land surfaces.
- Roughly define the terms, concepts, and standards associated with the topics of the course.
- Report to a workplace regularly and punctually, engage effectively and congenially with peers and supervisors, work from written as well as oral instructions, use assigned time efficiently for productive work, and meet production deadlines.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication, computation, and problem-solving skills appropriate to the level of the coursework.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center