AEC 124 - Building Information Modeling Software
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in AEC 110 and in AEC 114
This course provides students with the opportunity to work on a medium-size modeling/drafting project using the latest architectural software. Emphasis is on the three-dimensional drawing tools of the Revit software. Architectural models, rendering, and animation are important elements of the course. Students create photo realistic computer images of buildings, components, and the project site.
2 hrs. lect.; 3 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AEC 124, the student will be able to:
- List four advantages of using a Building Information Model-based CAD software over 2D-based CAD software.
- Demonstrate the appropriate software commands to create a 3D building model including the following assemblies: walls, floors, doors, windows, roofs, components, dimensions, stairs
- Identify the proper method to change the configuration/parameters of the objects listed above.
- Compose a sheet for printing views of the building.
- Demonstrate the loading of components into a building model.
- Create a perspective view of a building model.
- Create a walk-through animation of a building model.
- Create a still rendering of a building model.
- Print a sheet from a building model set.
- Import a vector-based reference drawing into a model file.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication, computation and problem-solving skills appropriate to the level of the coursework.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center