AEC 124 - Building Information Modeling Software (3)
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in AEC 110 and in AEC 114
AEC majors only. This course provides students with the opportunity to work on a medium-size modeling/drafting project using the latest architectural software. Emphasis is on the three-dimensional drawing tools of the Revit software. Architectural models, rendering, and animation are important elements of the course. Students create photo realistic computer images of buildings, components, and the project site.
3 hrs. lect. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AEC 124, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the appropriate software commands to create a 3D building model including the following assemblies: walls, floors, doors, windows, roofs, components, dimensions and stairs.
- Compose and print a sheet in a building model set
- Demonstrate the loading of components into a building model.
- Create still renderings, perspective views and walk through animations of a building model using Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
- Import a vector-based reference drawing into a model file.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication, computation and problem-solving skills appropriate to
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center