AEC 110 - Basic Autocad (4)
- Prerequisite: "C" or higher in AEC 81, or instructor approval based on high school drafting or other prior training/experience; "C" or higher in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23, OR Placement in ENG 100 or higher; MATH 9, OR Placement in MATH 50/53 or higher.
- AEC major only
The foundation AutoCAD course in the Architectural, Engineering and CAD Technologies program. Basic commands and operations from 2D drawing and editing tools to creating solid models and rendering. 2D drawing, text, dimensions, blocks, hatching, reference files, sharing data, 3D drawing, plotting, and more. Designed to qualify students for Autodesk certification. This course also available non-credit in four modules.
2 hrs. lect.; 6 hrs. lab. per week
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of AEC 110, the student will be able to:
- Use the AutoCAD® software program to create drawings from scratch and to modify, manipulate, copy, delete, save, and plot drawings.
- Use the full range of AutoCAD® commands and options and employ shortcuts and time-saving strategies to operate the program at a level of efficiency acceptable for employment as a CAD technician.
- Create, render, and manipulate 3D AutoCAD® drawings and convert 2D drawings to 3D drawings.
- Identify or roughly define the terms, concepts, and standards associated with the topics of the course.
- Report to a workplace regularly and punctually, engage effectively and congenially with peers and supervisors, work from written as well as oral instructions, use assigned time efficiently for productive work, and meet production deadlines.
- Demonstrate graphical and computational problem-solving skills appropriate to the level of the coursework.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center