The Apprenticeship Training program provides related instruction to those on Oʻahu who are apprenticing in various construction and mechanical trades. In addition, training opportunities may be offered to journey workers to upgrade their skills and obtain job-related certifications.
Upon completion of an approved apprenticeship program, work process and related instruction hours may be applied to an Associate degree. (See Applied Trades Program).
Courses are offered during weekday evenings and Saturday mornings in the following occupational areas:
- Acoustic & Drywall Applicator/Insulator
- Bricklayer Mason
- Building Maintenance (Hotel Workers)
- Cement Finisher
- Ceramic Tile Setter
- City and County Water Supply
- City and County Waste Water
- City and County Electrical Maintenance
- Construction Craft Laborer
- Drywall, Acoustic and Lather Workers
- Drywall Taper
- Elevator Constructor
- Fire Sprinkler Fitter
- Floor Layer
- Heat/Frost Insulator & Allied Workers
- Ironworker (Fabricator)
- Ironworker (Reinforcing Steel)
- Ironworker (Structural)
- Operating Engineer
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Fitter
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Steam Fitter Welder
- Telecommunications Installer/Technician
Important Note: Honolulu Community College is not involved in the application and selection procedures for these apprenticeship programs. If you are interested in entering one of these programs, please contact them directly. Descriptions of the different programs and contact information are included in the Guide to State Registered Apprenticeship Programs section.
The goals of the Honolulu Community College Apprenticeship program are to:
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a properly trained Hawaiʻi workforce.
- Promote excellence and professionalism in Apprenticeship instructors, staff, and students.
- Provide effective and efficient services to Honolulu Community College apprenticeship training programs and the College.
- Serve as a vital and integral component in the College’s instructional and service programs.
Building 4 Room 115
During the Fall and Spring semesters:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 6:30 AM - 1:00 PM
During Christmas and Summer breaks:
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
NOTE: Office and campus may be closed during Christmas Breaks. Advance notification will be posted. The office is closed on Federal and State holidays. Please call 845-9245 if you have any questions about office hours.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center