Holiday Closure Information
Health Office Closed for Business - Friday, November 29, 2013 and Monday, December 23, 2013 through Friday, January 3, 2014
In the event of a serious medical emergency, please continue to follow the emergency 911 posters on campus and call 911 and also call Security at 284-1270 or 271-4836. Security will then notify the nurse for assistance for medical emergencies that occur when the nurse is available.
An Accidental Injury and Illness Form (Form 29) [PDF] should immediately follow an on-campus emergency.
- Original copy going to the Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services
- Copies to your supervisor/division chair/Dean for appropriate action, if warranted.
For general inquiries and information, we welcome you to visit the Health Office webpage. If we can be of any assistance prior to our planned closure, we'd be happy to answer any questions through email at email@example.com or by phone at 845-9282 (voice/text). Otherwise, email and phone calls will be answered upon our return after Monday, January 6, 2014.
And at this special time of year, we are most appreciative of the many individuals and offices that have supported the Health Office activities and events this past semester.
Have a healthy and safe Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays from the Honolulu CC Health Office staff!
I. Great Aloha Run -- Join the Honolulu CC Team! Friends and Family welcome to join our team. $35 to register - Sign-up by Friday, November 15!
Now thru November 15, sign up to join our Presidents' 100 Team by using the "47" club code. Information Sheet containing more detailed info and documents required may be found at http://www2.honolulu.hawaii.edu/?q=node/266. Submit signed and completed documents to the Honolulu CC Health Office (Bldg 2, Rm 108A) or to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Official Great Aloha Run application [PDF] (use our #47 club code for joining our team)
- Honolulu CC Risk & Release Consent Form (use appropriate form -- UH/Honolulu CC Employees form [PDF] or Friends and Family form [PDF])
- $35 registration fee - check made out to Great Aloha Run or exact Cash.
- Honolulu CC Student Application for Great Aloha Run Sponsorship [PDF] (for current Honolulu CC students requesting sponsorship, please complete this additional form to request financial assistance to cover registration cost). Form-fillable form is available [PDF] for your convenience.
Get Ready, Set, and Go! Prepare for the upcoming Great Aloha Run to be held Monday, February 17, 2014 at 7am. This 8.15 mile walk/run starts at Aloha Tower and ends at Aloha Stadium. Perks for joining include: a great experience, in-training workshop opportunities, and up to 3 t-shirts--Great Aloha Run In-training, Finisher's and special one-of-a-kind Honolulu CC Presidents' 100 team t-shirts!
Questions? Call the Honolulu CC Health Office at 845-9282, Guy Shibayama at 845-9247, or Sharon Isa at 844-2382
II. Blood Drives!
Want to save up to three lives? Become an everyday hero and donate blood to the Blood Bank of Hawaii. There will be various blood drives on campus throughout the semester.
III. Flu Shot!
Stay healthy this semester! Get your flu shot, without having to wait in a doctor's office. Get your flu shot quick and easy on campus.
Simple Steps To Be Informed & Prepared In An Emergency
Two things YOU CAN DO to better prepare for a campus emergency! It just takes a few minutes to do both!
I. Be informed of Campus Closures & Emergencies!
- Sign-up for the UH Alert System to receive official emergency notifications in the event of a natural, health or civil emergency.
- UH username and password required to sign up.
- Select the regions (island or area/college) you wish to receive information about.
- Faculty & Staff may also choose the ways in which to be contacted (home & office phone, text messaging, and email options)
- Student notification is through text messaging and email.
Encourage students and co-workers to join in! We will eventually move towards utilizing this system to notify our Honolulu CC community of our own emergent situations. Don't be kept out of the loop! Sign up today!
II. List & Update Emergency Contact Information in your MyUH Portal Account!
In an emergency situation, it may become necessary for the College to contact your designated emergency contact person. Be sure to periodically update names and phone numbers because this information is electronically stored and may be accessed by any UH campus personnel involved with emergencies. It's a good idea to check your MyUH Portal "Emergency Contact" screen at least every semester to make sure the information is correct.
How do I do this?
- Log in to MyUH Portal
- Click on "Student Records" > "Personal Information" folder
- Select "View/Update My Emergency Contacts"
Can't access the internet? Download our Honolulu CC Emergency Contact Form [PDF] and return it electronically or submit it to the Health Office. We'll enter designated emergency contact names and phone numbers into your student information (Banner) account.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center