Twelve scholarships are being offered by the Hawaiʻi Sheet Metal Industry to Hawaiʻi residents who have completed high school graduation requirements or earned a GED and are interested in pursuing a one-year certificate in Sheet Metal and Plastics Technology.
- Any person graduating from a Hawaiʻi public or private high school or completing a General Educational Development (GED) program.
- Must have been a resident of Hawaiʻi for five (5) years.
Career goal and other evidence of personal motivation and eagerness to learn are among the criteria for selection.
Applicants must submit:
- Completed application (Parts 1-3)
- Certified copy of high school transcript or GED
- Two Confidential Letters of Recommendation (Part 4) from two persons other than family members. For graduating high school seniors, at least one reference must be from an instructor, counselor or staff member at your school.
Cost of annual tuition, fees and books.
June 13, 2014
Mail or deliver application to:
The Hawaiʻi Joint Apprenticeship Committee for the Sheet Metal Industry
1405 North King Street, Room 403
Honolulu, HI 96817
- Scholarship recipients must agree to release their grades and/or progress report to the Joint Apprenticeship Committee for the Sheet Metal Industry.
- Scholarship recipients who do not maintain a 2.0 GPA in the Sheet Metal curriculum or drop out will have their scholarship revoked and shall be responsible for all fees or penalties due to Honolulu Community College.
If you have questions, please call the training coordinator for the Hawaiʻi Joint Apprenticeship Committee for the Sheet Metal Industry at 841-6106.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- Campus Facts
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students
- Financial Aid
- Records Office
- Testing and Tutoring
- Health Office
- Native Hawaiian Center
- Writing Center