Apply early as most funds are limited. Due to the increasing number of applicants, priority will be given to files completed by April 1st for Fall and October 1st for Spring to ensure that you will receive notification of your eligibility prior to the tuition deadlines. Your application will be considered complete when all requested documents are submitted to the Honolulu Community College (HCC) Financial Aid Office.
How To Apply
(Be sure to include Honolulu CC's Federal School Code on the FAFSA: 001612)
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form either:
The Web - www.fafsa.gov
- You (and your parent - if you are required to provide parent information) must apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) if you don't already have one at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Go to the website at www.fafsa.gov
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Be sure that you (and your parents if needed) sign the application electronically by entering your PIN number(s). If you are unable to enter your PIN to sign electronically, you must print out the signature page and mail it with the required signatures.
The Paper Application
- Request a paper application by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID or download a PDF Paper Application at www.fafsa.gov, click on 'FAFSA Filing Options'.
- Use a BLACK ink pen and fill in ovals completely.
- Print clearly in CAPITAL letters, skip a box between words, and do not include cents (round to the nearest dollar).
- Complete ALL required sections and do not leave blanks.
- Be sure that you (and your parents if needed) sign the application.
- Mail the FAFSA to the Federal Processor at:
Federal Student Aid Programs
P.O. Box 4691
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864-0059.
2. Receiving the Student Aid Report (SAR)
You should receive a Student Aid Report (via e-mail if you provide your e-mail address on the form or by mail) within approximately 1-2 weeks (4-6 weeks if you apply using the paper application) from the date that you submit your FAFSA. Once you receive your SAR, review the information to ensure that the information is accurate. If there are any errors or changes, you must submit the corrections either on the web at www.fafsa.gov or mail the SAR pages provided back to the Federal Processor.
3. If you and/or your parent provided estimated 2011 Federal Tax Information, you must make a correction once the 2011 Federal Tax Information is filed:
- Go to the website at www.fafsa.gov
- Enter your Student Information to Login
- Use the IRS Tax Retrieval button to load in student and/or parent 2011 Federal Tax Information.
- Be sure that you (and your parent if needed) sign the application electronically by entering your PIN number(s). If you are unable to sign electronically, you must print out the signature page and mail it with the required signature(s).
4. Contact the Honolulu Community College Financial Aid Office for other required documents.
- If you are selected for a process called verification, you will be required to submit additional information (e.g. Your (and your parents' or spouse's) 2011 IRS Tax Transcript). You will be notified on your Student Aid Report and/or from the HCC Financial Aid Office if these are needed.
- Depending upon database matches, you may also be required to submit additional documentation (e.g. Proof of U.S. Citizenship, Social Security Number, etc.). You will be notified either on your Student Aid Report and/or from the HCC Financial Aid Office if additional documentation is needed.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students