Financial Aid is available to assist students and their families with college expenses. To be considered for any type of financial aid, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please apply early since most funds are limited. Your application will be considered complete and processed when all requested documents are submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
To ensure that you receive notification of your eligibility prior to tuition deadlines, please follow the dates as listed below:
- Fall semester: April 1st
- Spring semester: October 1st
Honolulu Community College Federal School Code: 001612
How To Apply
There are two ways to complete a FAFSA - online or a paper application.
Online - www.fafsa.gov:
- This is the recommended way for you to complete a financial aid application because it is safe, fast, and easy.
- You (and your parent if applicable) must have a Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you don't have one, you may request one at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Go to the website at www.fafsa.gov
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Be sure that you (and your parents if needed) sign the application electronically by entering your PIN number(s). If you are unable to enter your PIN, you must print out the signature page and mail it with the required signatures.
- Request a paper application by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID or download a PDF Paper Application at www.fafsa.gov (click on 'FAFSA Filing Options'.)
- Use a BLACK ink pen and fill in ovals completely.
- Print clearly in CAPITAL letters, skip a box between words, and do not include cents (round to the nearest dollar).
- Complete ALL required sections and do not leave blanks.
- Be sure that you (and your parents if needed) sign the application.
- Mail the FAFSA to the Federal Processor at:
Federal Student Aid Programs
P.O. Box 4691
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864-0059.
Receiving your Student Aid Report (SAR)
When you have completed your FAFSA and the federal processor has reviewed the information, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). If you provided an email address, you will receive it electronically, if not you will receive your SAR by mail. Once you receive your SAR, review the information for accuracy. If there are any errors or changes, you must submit the corrections either on the web at www.fafsa.gov or by mailing the SAR pages provided back to the Federal Processor. Please remember to sign your application anytime a correction is made.
Verification is a process where the Financial Aid Office must verify the accuracy of the information that you submitted on your FAFSA. If you are selected for verification, you will be notified on your Student Aid Report (SAR) and you will receive an email notification from the Financial Aid Office. Documents required for verification may include a verification worksheet, a copy of your IRS Tax transcripts, proof of U.S. Citizenship, Social Security Number and/or Selective Service registration. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have been selected for verification and have questions regarding your supporting documents.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students