The TRIO-SSS Scholarship is open to all active, Honolulu Community College undergraduate, TRIO-SSS eligible students, and awarded each semester (pending funds). Scholarships may be rewarded up to the maximum Pell Grant Award based on full time enrollment.
To be considered for the TRIO-SSS Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be an Eligible TRIO-SSS participant (Not sure about eligibility? The TRIO-SSS Staff can help!).
- Be a Federal Pell Grant recipient for the current academic year.
- Be enrolled in at least twelve (12) credits as an undergraduate student for the current semester.
- Qualified applicants who are in their first two (2) years of post secondary education will have First Priority to receive any scholarship funds.
- After funds have been awarded to the priority applicants, any excess funds will then be awarded accordingly to remaining applicants.
- Receive at least twelve (12) credits for the current semester.
- Have an unmet need or loan burden according to the Honolulu CC Financial Aid department.
- Attain a GPA of at least 2.75 GPA or higher for the semester (All grades must be posted within three weeks of the end of the semester. Students with an incomplete grade will not be eligible.).
- Be an Active TRIO-SSS student (by completing the following criteria within the given semester).
- Meet Three (3) times per semester with a TRIO-SSS professional staff member to complete your TRIO-SSS Educational Plan.
- Attend two (2) TRIO-SSS Life Skills Workshops (IF YOU ATTEND MORE THAN ONE FINANCIAL AID WORKSHOPS WILL BE COUNTED AS (1) ONE) AND participate in two (2) Educational/Cultural Enrichment Event.
(Added consideration will be given to those who participate in additional events)
- Complete the TRIO-SSS Participant Checklist with a TRIO-SSS professional staff member.
- Be clear of any outstanding obligations with TRIO-SSS.
- Be enrolled for the following academic semester in order to receive any funds.
- If you receive an award and do not return as an Honolulu CC student the following semester, you will be responsible for reimbursing the TRIO-SSS for the total award amount.
- Due to limited funding, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to award funds to every student.
- All applicants will be notified in writing via U.S mail and email at the conclusion of each semester regarding the outcome of the awards.
- Eligible students will need to apply for the TRIO-SSS Scholarship every semester.
- Please be sure that ALL the information on the application is legible and complete.
- All incomplete applications will be removed from the application pool.
- Submitted essays that are not in the required format will removed from the application pool.
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students