Academics: Distance Education

Distance Education Counseling/Advising Help

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register for a course?

If you are currently enrolled as a student in the University of Hawaiʻi system, you may register for distance education courses by registering online at MyUH Portal.

If you are not currently enrolled as a student within the University of Hawaiʻi system, you will need to submit a System Application Form.

Technical Help

Technical help is available as you use your computer and/or television access to participate in Honolulu CC Online classes. Select one of the additional resources below for online help.

DE Health Services

Welcome! Distance Education students are very much a part of our campus community. Although distance education students may never step foot on our campus, we welcome the opportunity to confer and assist with health educational information or referrals.

Contact us! We prefer being contacted by phone at 808-845-9282 (voice/text). Emails to are also welcome, however replies may take 1-2 business days depending on the nature of the question/concern.

DE Faculty

Richard Brill
GG 101, GG 101L, SCI/PHYS 122 (Both Cable + Online)

Linda Buck
ED (Online)

Gaynell Buxton
ED 170 (Online)

Vicky Chiu-Irion
ECON 130, ECON 131 (All Online)

Syndicate content