Brief Program Description/Goals
This program is designed to teach theory and practical skills in auto body repair and painting utilizing modern equipment and well-equipped facilities. Auto body repairers fix or replace the damaged portions of automobiles and truck bodies which may include plastic or metal parts, align bent frames and damaged metal. Technicians fill small dents, grind and sand the filler, mix and tint the paint, and paint the repaired area. A few may specialize in replacing safety glass or repairing fiberglass bodies.
What Is Unique About The Program
The curriculum used for the program is published by the I-CAR Education Foundation and is based on the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Auto Body Task List and the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) technician certification standards.
The program is certified by NATEF.
- ENG 19 and/or 21, OR ESL 11 & 13 & 14, OR Placement in ENG 22/60 or ESL 23
- MATH 9, OR Placement in MATH 50/53
- Note: Respirator Use Clearance Also Required
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the ABRP program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills and competencies necessary for a successful career in the auto body repair and painting industry and related areas.
- Demonstrate the work habits and attitudes necessary to work in a highly competitive and rewarding field.
- Display the basic skills necessary to become a lifelong learner in order to keep abreast of the latest technological changes in the auto body industry as measured by voluntary participation such as attendance in seminars, ASE Certifications and ICAR Training.
Degrees That Can Be Earned
- Certificate of Achievement (CA)
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
Itemized Estimate of Educational Costs
Tuition based on total credits taken.
Tools approximately for First Semester $1,500-$2,000; Second Semester $1,000-1,200; Third and Fourth Semesters additional cost for tools.
Gainful Employment Information
|Degree:||Certificate of Achievement|
|Occupations:||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
Transportation Equipment Painters
Auto Damage Insurance Appraisers
|Normal Time to Completion:||3 semesters|
|On-Time Graduation Rate:||0%|
|Avg. Tuition & Fees:||48 credits x $97 = $4,656|
|Avg. Cost for Books/Supplies:||$1500 - $2000|
|Job Placement Rate *:||25%|
|Median Loan Debt|
|- Title IV Loans:||$0|
|- Private Loans:||$0|
Faculty & Staff
- Mission Statement
- College Catalog
- Campus Map
- College Policies
- Annual Reports
- International Students
- Non-Credit Students
- Off Campus/Military Students
- Returning Students
- Transfer Students